What options are out there and how do you get started? Design for Circularity physical seminar & workshop 1 & online seminar
The seminar is relevant for businesses that are interested in resale and take-back and seeking new knowledge and inspiration about the field. The resale market is growing and has increasingly emerged as the solution to the fashion industry’s sustainability crisis. However, it is just a fraction of garments that currently generate resale value, and fashion brands are struggling to find their way into the secondary market.
In this seminar, we introduce the landscape of resale and take-back in Denmark, provide insights into the market and how brands can learn more about their own resale potentials.
Four pioneering resale platform providers: Create2stay, Continued, Commons & Sassylab will present their solutions and take part in a panel discussion about the present and future of resale. In the afternoon, we will host a workshop to help participants explore resale from a design and business model perspectives.
- Date: 28.09.2022
- Time: Physical: 9 a.m. to 2.30 p.m. // Online: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Address: Royal Danish Academy, Philip De Langes Allé 10, Copenhagen K, Aud. 6
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Welcome presentation: ‘Follow the brand’ (physical and online)
- Presentation by Mette Dalgaard Nielsen, Research Assistant, Royal Danish Academy, focusing on ‘follow the brand’ as method to understand brand performance in a resale context + barriers and potentials for fashion businesses within the resale market
- 10 a.m. to 10.15 a.m.: Break
- 15. a.m. to 11.45 a.m.: Presentation and panel discussion (physical and online)
- Presentation by Create 2STAY, Continued, COMMONS and SassyLAB, four Danish resale cases and their contributions to a circular fashion industry, followed by a panel discussion (possibility for listeners to ask questions and challenge business models/solutions)
- 45 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.: Wrap-up and participant introduction (physical)
- Presentation wrap-up and introduction round for physical attendants
- 00 p.m. to 1 p.m.: Lunch (physical)
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Workshop: Resale as design and business challenge (physical)
- Exercise 1: Resale as design challenge
- Exercise 2: Resale as business challenge
- 2 p.m. to 2.30 p.m.: Wrap-up and network (physical)
This event is hosted in collaboration with Det Kongelige Akademi