The innovations network Lifestyle & Design Cluster has been appointed by the ministry of education and research as one of the 17 innovations networks that continue their work.
The ministry has officially extended the currant grand for the Innovation Network by 19thof September to the end of 2020. An extension of a value of 14 million DKK. To increase the use of research-based knowledge in business and the public sector, the innovation networks, together with leading scientist contribute to jointly exploiting the opportunities in new technological achievements and contributing to growth and value for society.
At the same time the Board cuts the number of actors from 23 to 17 innovation networks operating in areas where Denmark also in the future should try to secure itself purely competitive.
Which is exactly what the government believes that Lifestyle & Design Cluster can contribute to.
-Lifestyle & Design Cluster will in the future focus even more on activities that contribute to the support of the UN´s 17 world targets and selected focus areas within Forsk2020 in three new partnerships within circular economics, digitization and innovation as well as design and entrepreneurship. We firmly believe that an increased focus in collaborations and partnerships will create an even better environment for sustainable growth in the Danish lifestyle industry, says Betina Simonsen.
Following the new partnerships, Lifestyle & Design Cluster has expanded with new consortium partners. Including closer collaboration with D2i -Design to innovate, which contributes with competences and experiences within the partnership innovation, design and entrepreneurship.
During the application period for the extension of the Innovation Network’s grant, it has been open for cooperation partners, members and other close relationships with the Innovation Network to support their Lifestyle & Design Cluster.
– During the application period, more than 100 comments were submitted by companies, knowledge institutions,trade associations and public partners, which all expressed the great interest in the Lifestyle & Design Cluster continuing the good and focused collaboration. The board will continue to ensure that the relevance and value of the lifestyle industry is “best in class”, says Viggo Mølholm, chairman of Lifestyle & Design Cluster.
The extension of the Lifestyle & Design Cluster as an innovation network runs until 31 December 2020.
• Lifestyle & Design Cluster remains national innovation network for the period 2019-2020.
• Lifestyle & Design Cluster complies with the lifestyle industries desire for a unified innovation effort for all innovation and development in the design, fashion and furniture industry as well as other aspects of industry intersections.
• Lifestyle & Design Cluster has approximately 200 dialogue companies, which are collaborators. In addition, 14 consortium partners, stes the direction for the future of the Innovation Network in collaboration with the Lifestyle & Design Cluster Board. More than 360 companies participate in shorter or longer research and innovation activities. More than 900 attend go-home meetings, seminars, conferences etc. per year.
• In the period 1 December 2018 to 31 December 2020, the Ministry of Education and Research has allocated 190 million. DKK to finance selected Danish innovation networks.
For further information:
Manager Betina Simonsen, phone. 2936 0090, mail email@example.com