Six Nordic business clusters in the lifestyle industry want to create, connect, and increase knowledge and strategic competencies within digital product passports and blockchain technology. They stand together in a new Nordic Blockchain Alliance.
Blockchain technology offers the possibility of exchanging product and company data in a way that could be both cost-effective and safe for Nordic SMEs. A wide range of information can be carried in a blockchain, including data that documents product history, supply chain, environmental impact, compliance, contract details, and user instructions. The blockchain-based solutions can also facilitate circular business models and carry a future European Product Passport.
The project aims to create a Nordic blockchain alliance to explore the potential of a common Nordic blockchain by drawing on different experiences and knowledge sources from Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark.
The project will include a diverse range of lifestyle, creative companies, and start-ups to create and connect a strong knowledge pool across the Nordics regarding the potential of blockchain technology. Moreover, to analyze experiences and case stories and align this with the EU strategy for eco-design and the product passport. This will allow SMEs to access the information and knowledge to support their transition to a more traceable and transparent business.
The target group is lifestyle companies that want to act proactively to meet upcoming challenges and possibilities from regulatory or customer demands on transparency and documentation. Moreover, companies that want to explore possible advantages of using blockchain technology to develop and deepen collaboration in a shared value chain. At last, the project wants to attract solution providers, start-ups, and scholars working with specific applications.
The following activities will be carried through during the project period:
- Collecting known use cases and research to create and connect a strong knowledge pool on Blockchain. Completing a first blockchain toolbox for SMEs, supporting them with knowhow on how to get a successful start utilizing blockchain technology
- Conducting 4 x Roundtables with SMEs from all four countries exploring and discussing the potentials and barriers for a Nordic design blockchain
- Attracting and inspiring more tech startups to give them insights into the Lifestyle industry and blockchain and to connect them to potential collaboration partners and customers
- Completing a catalog of ideas and recommendations for the potential of Nordic design blockchain. As one step in making the catalog, a small pilot exhibition shall be presented at relevant events, for instance, the Copenhagen Fashion Week, the Nordic Circular Summit, or the Nordic Sustainability Expo.
The project is finansed by:
- Interiour Cluster Sweden
- Science Park Borås
- Nordic Fashion & Textile Agenda
- Finnish Textile & Fashion
- Lifestyle & Design Cluster
Here you will find up-coming events
Here you will find documents and reports from the project
Contact information – Lifestyle & Design Cluster
Sofie Aagaard Laursen
Project leader, Circular Economy
Phone: +45 53867007
Further contact information:
Nordic Innovation: www.nordicinnovation.org
Peter Munch-Madsen, email@example.com
Finnish Textile & Fashion: www.stjm.fi
Marja-Liisa Niinikoski, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emilie Gädda, email@example.com
Norwegian Fashion & Textile Agenda (NF&TA): www.nfta.no
Elin Kathrine Saunes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gupta Udatha email@example.com
Interiour Cluster Sweden www.interiorcluster.se
Anna Rosenqvist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Park Borås, Jonas Larsson, Jonas.Larsson@hb.se
Anita Drabløs, PlussLab, email@example.com